Renewing Your Mind
Written by Georgetta Head
Photo By: Ben White
Did you know that the mind is the seat and beginning of our battles. Our minds process our emotions, feelings, past hurts, offences, and pain. That's why God says in Romans 12:2 our minds need renewed; and in 2 Corinthians 10:5-7 we are to cast down all thoughts and imaginations that exalts itself above God.
So, what does it mean to renew our minds and to cast down all negative thinking? It means we are to see and understand life and this world through the eyes of God's Word. The Word of God is alive and active and has the power to transform our minds and to restore our wounded souls. The Word of God also has the power to inspire individuals to change their way of negative thinking by understanding the truth of God's Word; and seeing the world and life as it really is - a FALLEN STATE. A state in which people hurt one another. Allowing God's Word to transform us, we learn that love and forgiveness is the cure for our lives when we have been offended or hurt.
Listed below are 10 steps for renewing our minds and for restoring our souls.
1. Pray without ceasing.
2. Study the Word of God daily.
3. Don't allow your thoughts to control you - cast them down.
4. When negative thinking occurs, destroy them with the truth of God's Word.
5. Take responsibility over your past and use God's Word to restore your soul. Your past is not who you are!
6. Using the Word of God, write declaration sentences to speak to yourself; this will destroy negative thinking.
7. Make it a habit to think on good thoughts (Philippians 4:8).
8. Learn who you are in Christ Jesus.
9. Trust God's Word to renew your mind and to restore your soul.
10. Forgive your offenders. Learn to love yourself!
Renewing your mind is an action done by you; it's your choice! So, I encourage you to apply the 10-steps above which will renew and transform your mind and restore your soul as you apply them in your life.
Journey With The King
YouTube - Facebook Group - Website
Leave a Reply.
Charles S. Head